Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Professional Birthday Present

This Saturday, January 23rd, I get one year older. Nine days later, on February 1st, I start the position of Haines and Klukwan's Community Dietitian for the SouthEast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC). I am very excited to get to serve our community in this capacity.

Working in private practice through Klondike Chiropractic has taught me a lot and I will always be grateful for that opportunity. I am very excited for moving on to work with SEARHC because I will get to help a wider audience. 

SEARHC  has a plethora of grants to serve the communities of southeast Alaska. The position that I will fill helps specifically with diabetics and pre-diabetics in the community, but my work will not be exclusive to this population.

Anyone that hoped to work with me before but may have had barriers (such as exclusively a SEARHC beneficiary, or had no insurance and worked with sliding-scale) will be able to make appointments to work on nutrition and their health. 

Patients referred from SEARHC providers in the past will now enjoy a tighter continuity of care, as their dietitian and primary care provider will work in the same office. Collaborating with the entire care team can help maintain thorough review of patient details to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. 

Next week will be my final week at Klondike's office on Main Street. It will be bittersweet, but if you would like to make an appointment before I move over to SEARHC, please feel free to do so! Our office number is (907)766-3555 or you can email me at KateFossmanRDN@gmail.com.


Kate Fossman, RDN, LD
January 21, 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment