Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Word-of-mouth Referrals - the Best Complimentary Feedback a Provider Can Receive

It has been nearly three months since I started working in Haines, and over two months since I had my first client.

A quick recap of the current promotional projects I've been working on:

  • Chilkat Valley News column To Your Health (bimonthly)
  • Radio spot on the Monday Morning Health Report
  • High school health class lecture
  • Blogging
  • Social media (Google Plus, Twitter)
Screen Shot 2015-09-17 at 10.15.10 AM.png

  • Public policy outreach to expand Medicare coverage (to include prediabetes as a covered diagnosis)
  • Featured in Michelle LaBrosse's Everyday PM blog series Weight Weight Just Love Me

However, I have to admit that the promotional project that makes me happiest is one that I have no direct part in: word-of-mouth referrals. 

These feel great for two reasons:
  1. The client trusts me enough to tell a friend that they can trust me.
  2. The client feels that they are successful in what we are discussing.
I hope to continue fostering these types of productive relationships moving forward. I love to see clients happy and fulfilled. 

Moving forward, I hope to work with more outreach within the community - potentially the Wellness Committee at the school cafeteria, with the seniors at the Senior Center, and maybe with the Headstart program. 

I had a great time on the KHNS radio Monday Morning Health Report (the fastest 15 minutes of my life), and hope to have another opportunity like that in the future. 


Kate Fossman, RDN, LD

September 30, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment